Wednesday 18 January 2017

New Year catch up!

Wow such a long time since I wrote on here it was back in December! Well, Xmas went well and the toddler had everything she wanted and more. Her father never sent a card nor did any of his family so nothing new there. He chose not to see her, and his family all want nothing to do with her until she is an adult! At the family court they turned up with lots of 1st birthday cards for her with their photos printed on them and then her dad told the judge he had decided he didn't want any access, after applying for it, and all the family would obtain a restraining order against my daughter if she approached any of them about his daughter!! Lovely pictures appeared on Facebook of their cards a few days later, declaring their undying love for the toddler - but no presents have ever arrived, no birthday or Xmas cards since then, and no contact. Says it all really - all show and nothing sincere in any of them. However, dad does pay maintenance as daughter went to the CSA. Always hope at Xmas and toddler's birthday that they will send a card, or a gift voucher or a parcel will arrive with a toy for her, but nothing yet. Makes me feel sad that they don't care especially at Xmas.



Christmas was good here as daughter was here for the morning then went off to her boyfriend's parent's home for the night with the toddler. We all had Xmas dinner on Xmas Eve, so had a nice quiet Christmas Day here. I did a honey baked Gammon joint and a turkey crown for the dinner. We very rarely have Christmas dinner on Christmas Day as we prefer to just chill out in front of the open log fire and relax with salad and cold meats. This is the recipe I used for the gammon:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/traditional_honey-glazed_52289




January has started well as we have booked a trip to Scotland at the end of the month with the toddler  - in search of snow lol. We did have a very light dusting here but it melted in a few hours so no chance to build a snowman or anything. It's 4 years since we saw snow here that stayed for a few days. Daughter is off to Spain for a hen do so we have the toddler for a week anyway. It will be so much nicer than staying at home. OH is driving up as he thinks his 4x4 will be safer if the roads are icy, than flying up and hiring a car when we get there. We will stay in Manchester for the first night to break up the journey then on to Ayr.


I have joined a supper club which I'm hoping will get me out and about a bit. The idea is that each of us (there are 4 at the moment) all host an American supper once a month where everyone brings something to eat. The first one is next week and the woman hosting it wants a colourful Mediterranean theme! I shall take a feta salad, some taramasalata and pitta bread and a bottle of sangria. Don't know what she is cooking but never mind, I'm sure it will be good.

Daughter has started going running with her friend tonight to try and keep fit. A few of my nieces also go running so it seems quite fashionable around here atm. I can't run so I wont be joining them as my chest is not up to it. Will try and walk further though - I used to walk miles and miles years ago but I guess I got lazy with the car outside lol.

Bye for now All the best



No comments:

Post a Comment