Friday 18 November 2016

An unsettled week

Well Saturday went well and the new lino (whoops I meant vinyl ) flooring was all laid nicely and finished in a couple of hours. The chap who fitted it lives a few doors away so is a neighbour. He is a fully trained carpet and flooring fitter, and works for a carpet shop full time, so we use him for ourselves and family members - and get a great job done for a good price. Moving all the furniture back in place and sorting all the rubbish is still ongoing a week later lol. Oh the cobwebs behind the furniture - it was horrendous!! On a positive note I have thrown away the hallway curtains and bought new (well second hand ) from eBay. The old ones were lined velvet but from 1976 and were already here when we bought this house in 1999. They were thick with dust and went straight in the bin. Really need the hallway, stairs and landing decorated soon as the paper is peeling off the walls (with some help from the toddler and dog ) and the paint is flaking off. Might get someone in to give me a quote next week while nobody is here - and break it gently to OH if it is a good price.



Wednesday this week I went to the cemetery with my sisters and nieces to attend the burial of my brother's ashes into my mum and stepdad's grave. This is what my sisters wanted so I went along with it. To be honest I would have just scattered the ashes on the 'garden of remembrance' at the crematorium, as it was quite expensive to open the grave and have the undertaker attend. Afterwards we went to the local pub for a drink and I went on to Mel's home for an hour or so as she didn't look very good. Her OH (my BIL ) had to return to work so it was nice to keep her company. My OH didn't attend but he did come to the actual funeral and cremation, a few months ago.

Today, Friday, started off early with the toddler (Ava) waking at 7.30am. I looked after her from 8am until 1.15pm and we had quite a good morning. My niece visited with her 3 year old (Liam) and then my other niece called in with her 2 year old (Rosa) This went down very well with Ava as she had other children to play with. Liam's mum comes most Fridays as she doesn't work on that day and just has the little boy so it's quite a regular playdate. Toddler is developing some unsociable habits though as she greeted me this morning with her PJ bottoms in one hand and her wet nappy in the other saying "I been wee I need a new nappy" lol. Happy days - where's the sellotape lol.

When daughter came in from work I left to pay a second visit to Mark (youngest son) in his new flat. He has everything sorted nicely there now as the white goods have arrived, the washing was all finished, everything was clean and tidy and he has painted the bathroom. Very houseproud is Mark and he likes everything neat, clean and tidy, This time I took the motorway and it was much easier. Coming home was much more straightforward and quicker but I don't really like driving in the dark. At least I didn't get lost or stuck in traffic this time as last week was awful. So peaceful there to sit and drink coffee, looking out of the window at the sea. Next week Mark will visit us as I have said it is his turn lol. Daughter was quite put out because I left while she was still trying on clothes she had bought.  I couldn't wait to go out tbh as I am not in the best of moods with her due to quite a few 'angry exchanges' this week mostly about the toddler. Let's just say that her ways and ideas of childcare are not at all similar to mine, so there is a lot of conflict as I am quite an outspoken person. When I got home OH was looking after the toddler and daughter had left to go to her boyfriend's father's birthday party. She is coming home tomorrow morning. Toddler had eaten all her tea which is a first for a few weeks now as she has been unwell with a bad cough and cold.

I am tired tonight because although I went to bed at 1am (which is earlier than a few months ago) I had a bad coughing fit until 1.30am. Daughter then started coughing until 2am. Really hope we are all better soon as it has been a long time now. I am aiming to get to bed before 12 midnight eventually but atm it is between 1am and 1.30am which is a good start. I do have a sleep problem but I am working on it so hopefully it will be better soon. My normal sleep pattern is to go to bed at 2.30 am and then get up at 10am which is not great really, especially when I have to get up Thursday and Friday to look after Ava at 8am.

Bye for now All the best x


No comments:

Post a Comment